Monday, May 3, 2010

"Me" Time


Here I am and all alone again. There is an upside to being married to a professional golfer, but then again, also a downside. The downside would be, if I didn't tag along with him on his tournaments in other countries, the long and lonely week has begun. The days get even longer and lonelier when his tournaments follow week after week and next thing you know, a dreadful month it has been. I think five weeks straight was the longest my darling has ever been away. But when we are together, everything just goes by so fast. Time seems so little that I wouldn't have noticed that a month has already passed. Why couldn't it just be the other way around? Faster days when he is away and slower days when he is around?

I know it comes with his job, and by now you'd think I'd be used to it. Honestly, for almost 10 years of being with him and his work, I have never quite gotten used to it. As corny and cliche' as it may sound, I miss him even if it were just a day spent practicing with his golfing buddies and I'm not invited.. What can I say, I love having him around.

Good thing, I have kept myself busy nowadays. I am finally an instructor of what I love doing most and that is yoga. I teach part time because the studio knows that I travel mostly with my husband. And, I have recently discovered another passion which is writing and blogging. I do article writing for an online lifestyle magazine, and I love blogging about my light and daily inspirations, and you could say, my rantings in life (which I am doing now) as well. My blog also now include my travels. I know that I should have done this a long time ago, especially in places I have been to the first time, but I just had no idea how to get it started. Now that I do, I am slightly hooked. :)

But nothing quite fills the gap in my day like having my darling husband around. He just makes it more complete. I know that from time to time we do need our space, like my "me" time and "his" time, but I like filling that space with him around. I like doing things together with him. Eat, play golf, shop, watch a movie etc.. you think we'd still be "boyfriend-girlfriend." I cant help it. It's just the way it is. How I still feel when I'm with him is just like before when we were dating. Not as "giddy" as it used to be back then, but much deeper than that. I sure love where we are now, and how we are with each other. I hope this love and feeling will never go away for him and I, and will only go on until the end when death do us part...

No comments:

Post a Comment